Paul Martz wrote:
> Perspective versus orthographic projection should be unrelated to the view
> controls, so there's really no reason why you shouldn't be able to
> use either projection type with OSG's CameraManipulators.

That was my view, my users don't care wether the eye is being moved or the
sides of the view frustrum. They just want the wheel to make things bigger if
they are moving around a model or viewing the whole scene in plan.

But since the Spherical manipulator didn't do this - I didn't know if there was
a particular technical or philosophical reason why.
Adding the different functions (for ortho) to the existing hooks in the
manipulator shouldn't be hard.