Hi,

Le 23 févr. 10 à 15:46, Jean-Sébastien Guay a écrit :

Hi Robert, all,

OK, so I leave for the night and come back and there are tens of new messages in this thread, perhaps I should work in GMT hours so I'd be up during the same hours as many of you! :-)

I think the discussion is rolling nicely, we've got a few good leads on what to improve. Here are my comments, I'll keep it brief.

_Distributed version control:_ I'm not sure this is the silver bullet some of you make it to be, but it might improve the submission process, since it's a bit like giving everyone commit access but then letting Robert pick and choose what he wants to bring into the baseline. The learning curve might be steep, but I think we'll gain a lot in the long run. But I agree with Robert, even if Jose Luis can set this up quickly, we shouldn't make the move officially (if Robert decides he wants to) until the next stable release is out. An infrastructure change like this should not hold up the next stable release. It might be nice to make an unofficial import from svn to git (for example) so Robert and others can play with it before then, though, to get a feel for how it might work.

I'm testing svn import into github at the moment, it might take some time (if it succeeds) importing those 11000 revisions : http://github.com/mathieu/OpenSceneGraph

I've tested also their wiki support for the main page. The result is that it is a poor wiki service, but maybe enough : http://wiki.github.com/mathieu/OpenSceneGraph/

HTH
Mathieu