Hi Nico and Tobias,

This topic have been discussed in this list several times. In order to
compile osg for x86_64 you must disable Quicktime plugin and change the
default plugin to imageio, and set the osg_windowing_system to Cocoa. Then
you can compile with makefiles from a console, instead of using XCode.

So, in CMake:

OSG_WINDOWING_SYSTEM = "Cocoa"
OSG_DEFAULT_IMAGE_PLUGIN_FOR_OSX = "imageio"

Hope this helps.

2010/3/8 Nico Kruithof <nicokruit...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I managed to get OSG compiling on OSX (Snow Leopard). From the top of my
> head, I'm using the imageio instead of quicktime. Then I had to specify the
> 10.6 platform in the main CMakeLists.txt and disable Quicktime. I planned to
> submit these changes, but didn't have time yet. I'll give it a go tomorrow.
>
> Bests,
> Nico
>

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Tobias Duckworth <t...@orogenic.net>wrote:
>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> Thanks for your prompt response.
>>
>> Yes disabling Quicktime is fine for my purposes - However, from what I can
>> work out the cleanest way to achieve this will be to get generated XCode
>> projects, then I can pick and choose what gets built - I don't really want
>> to hack the Makefiles and there doesn't appear to be a way to disable the
>> Quicktime build from CMake.
>>
>> I look forward to hearing from 'the OSX guys', and hope that in the future
>> I can provide similar support to others.  I'd be happy to update the OSX
>> build instructions for example, once I have managed to build.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tobias

>> Read this topic online here:
>> http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=25332#25332

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es