Guy, I have tried this code snippet, too, and I am not getting any results.
None.  No changes in the look of my model or a constructed pyramid.  Could you
perhaps tell me what I am missing?

I have attached my "blend" app, which is a direct copy of the blendequation app
from the OSG website.  I commented out the blend equation code & dropped this
snippet in.

Thanks.

Guy wrote:

> For example:
>
>       osg::StateSet * stateset = geode->getOrCreateStateSet();
>       stateset->setMode(GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH, osg::StateAttribute::  ON);
>

>       osg::BlendFunc *fn = new osg::BlendFunc();
>       fn->setFunction(osg::BlendFunc::SRC_ALPHA,
>               osg::BlendFunc::ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
>

>       stateset->setAttributeAndModes(fn,
>               osg::StateAttribute:: ON);
>       stateset->setMode(GL_BLEND, osg::StateAttribute:: ON);
>       stateset->setRenderingHint(osg::StateSet::TRANSPARENT_BIN);

Attachments:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org//files/main_blendexample_210.cpp