From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Tom Pearce
Sent: 23 June 2010 20:15
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Sudden runtime error

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am working in release, and I don't have any
of the debug libs on my machine.  I re-extracted all osg files just in case
something got corrupted.  I cleaned and rebuilt the application.  Didn't
help.

However, I started a new Visual Studio project, copied all the settings over
exactly, and now it works fine.  This makes me pretty confident that the
issue is not to do with OSG but rather with Vis Studio, but I'm completely
at a loss as to what the problem actually is - nothing short of creating a
fresh project fixed the issue.

Just for the sake of completeness I want to share what I discovered about
where in the code I could cause/not cause the crash:

Having 5 or fewer osg::Vec3d or Vec3f (up to 5 of each) class members was
safe - no crash.  A sixth of each, however, lead to the program crashing
when trying to create a Group.  I put a Node directly in front, the node was
created successfully, it was still crashing on Group.

Again, I don't think the issue is with OSG - and I don't think I got libs
mixed up, since I don't really have any stale libs on the machine.  Have
other Vis Studio users experienced anything like this?  I suppose I just
have to keep in mind that when weird stuff happens I can try creating a
fresh project but that seems like a weak solution.

Cheers,
Tom