Hi,

it looks like a problem with normals. I don't know if the corresponding code is
the same for geocentric and flat databases.

Of course, if you finish your database build without LOD limitation, it takes
more time than a inclomplete DB :)

My first VPB attempts with incomplete VPB runs looked like your image so I
assume you should give VPB a chance and finish the run without limitations :)

If you compile only the DEM without textures, it should be complete in less
than an hour for an area of europe on the srtm 3arcs resolution on an up to
date PC.

Cheers,
Torben