Let's take an example:

ShadowTechnique SHADOWMAP

It creates a texture and installs a shader program which makes shadow effects
by using the created texture.
So what you think happens by the second shadowScene?
On traversal it will create a new texture, by default install it in the same
texture unit, and install a shader using just this newly created shadow
texture.
What you expect is a shader program using 2 shadow textures. But this one you
have to write yourself.

- Werner -

On Tuesday 28 September 2010 06:29:50 Saravanan Sivaprahasam wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> But could any one explain me why it is not possible to add two
> osgShadow::ShadowedScene  to the root node
>

> Thank you!
>
> Cheers,
> Saravanan

> Read this topic online here:
> http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=32115#32115

TEXION Software Solutions

TEXION GmbH -  Rotter Bruch 26a  -  D 52068 Aachen - HRB 14999 Aachen
Fon: +49 241 475757-0, Fax: +49 241 475757-29, web: http://www.texion.eu

Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Werner Modenbach