Hi all,

i correctly installed osg 2.8.1 (by apt - ubuntu/debian package manager) and
bullet physics 2.76 building the sources.
When i tried to  load a sketuchup file (.skp) osgviewer reported an error. I
read that i need collada-dom to load this kind of model. Is it right?
However, i also tried to build collada, but there are a lot of bugs for linux
and seem to be no more supported...  i fixed some of them but not all.
So i seen that bulet physics 2.75 (an older version) have collada included in
its sources and i tried to build it too :P (hope successfully).
Now i think i have to re-installe the osg by sources selecting also the collada
plugin. Is this right?
Since i installed in past also osgWorks and osgBullet, and had some problem
with bullet physics, i think there's a lot of garbage in my libraries and maybe
i need to reinstall the whole Ubuntu...
To prevent future problems can anyone answer to next questions?
1) Does OSG need collada to load sketchup files?
2) Is there anyone who succesfully installed collada-dom on ubuntu/linux?
3) can anyone provide me a link to a really good tutorial to install
collada-dom and load sketchup files using osg?

I'm quite desperate, i've lost a lot of days... :-(

Thank you!

Cheers,
Axel