Hi Wang Rui, Robert,

The dotosg wrapper / serializer recognizes classes from there class
names. These should be defined with the className() method (or
META_Node macro) and the writing processor in osgDB will try to find a
wrapper corresponding to the name. If found, the node will be written
to files; otherwise the unknown node and its subgraph will be skipped.
It can't decide if the OceanScene is derived from osg::Group without a
name-wrapper map recorded in the Registry object.

Thanks for the explanation, together with Robert's explanation that makes sense.

The only possible workaround in my case (if I have no time to write actual dotosg plugin/serializer support) would be to make className() and libraryName() return osg::Group? Or maybe just not implementing them, so that the osg::Group versions will be called?

Do you mind if I could have time to help finish the serializers of the
osgOcean project someday? :-)

Hehe, if you want you're welcome to do it of course. :-)

I've read that adding serializer support is very straightforward, but unfortunately our software currently runs on OSG 2.8.3 so that won't solve the problem for me...

Thanks a lot,

J-S