Hi JS,

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Jean-Sébastien Guay
<jean-sebastien.g...@cm-labs.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation, together with Robert's explanation that makes
> sense.
>
> The only possible workaround in my case (if I have no time to write actual
> dotosg plugin/serializer support) would be to make className() and
> libraryName() return osg::Group? Or maybe just not implementing them, so
> that the osg::Group versions will be called?

You could do this.  By adding a DotOsgWrapper for the class in
question should be straight forward, it doesn't need a plugin, just
stick the wrapper declaration in osgOcean or your app. Something as
simple as:

// register the read and write functions with the osgDB::Registry.
REGISTER_DOTOSGWRAPPER(OceanScene)
(
    new osgOcean::OceanScene,
    "OceanScene",
    "Object Node OceanScene Group",
    NULL,
    NULL
);

Might well be sufficient.  Later you could add the read and write
functions for the OceanScene methods rather than let them be non ops
as done here with the NULL's.