On Wednesday 01 December 2010 15:23:04 Patrick Steffens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written a Plugin for Firefox. The Plugin realizes a osgViewer within
> a QApplication.
>
> Now when I start Firefox and open about:plugins, firefox fails loading
> the plugin with the message (translated in English):
>
> Code:
>
> Shared to initialize shared library ..... [libosgViewer.so.55: could not
> open shared object file: File not found]
>

> When I change the order of the libraries in the .pro file, the message
> changes accordingly.
>
> I followed the build steps from the osg page and everything went fine (no
> errors etc.).
>
> The .so files are located in /usr/local/lib .
>
> The code of my program worked fin a while ago, but after having changed the
> system. So the problem must somewhere else.
>
> Do you have any ideas?

Hi Patrick,

please make sure that the runtime linker is configured to look in
/usr/local/lib. Typically the plugins will be found in a osgPlugins*
subdirectory in the lib directory.

As you probably know, you can temporarily instruct the runtime linker to add
to the known paths by setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. In
addition to this, OSG also supports the OSG_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable,
which helps with locating the shared objects for plugins.

Hope this helps,

Magnus