Skylark wrote:
> Hello Evan,
>
> We will not be able to help much if you don't show your code, because
> what you describe is very simple and should work (at least as far as we
> can see from your description). If we see the code we might be able to
> tell you what's wrong.
>
> Also, have you looked at the OSG examples and the Getting Started Guide
> to make sure you're doing things right?
>
> J-S
> --
>  ------------------
> Post generated by Mail2Forum

Hello,

Yes, I followed the startup guide to get OSG working on my computer. This is
the simple code that I was trying:

Code:
#include <osg/Group>
#include <osg/LightSource>
#include <osg/ShapeDrawable>

#include <osgViewer/Viewer>

using namespace osg;

// main function
int main()
{
  // create the root node of the scene graph
  ref_ptr<Group> root = new Group;

  // create a node to the geometry of a spherical object
  ref_ptr<Geode> ballNode = new Geode;
  ballNode->addDrawable(new ShapeDrawable(new Sphere));

  // create a "distant" light, with 0 for the homogeneous coord
  Vec4 lightDirection(1, -1, 1, 0);
  ref_ptr<LightSource> ls = new LightSource;
  ls->getLight()->setPosition(lightDirection);
  // set the intensity properties for the light
  ls->getLight()->setAmbient(Vec4(0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 1.0));
  ls->getLight()->setDiffuse(Vec4(1.0, 1.0, 0.7, 1.0));
  ls->getLight()->setSpecular(Vec4(1.0, 0, 0, 1.0));

  // assemble the node hierarchy
  root->addChild(ls.get());
  root->addChild(ballNode.get());

  // create the viewer helper object