Current Kinect drivers (libfreenect, SensorKinect) already expose the
640x480 depth map and the NITE skeleton tracker probably already uses
this.

The news about increased resolution is solely related to the data as
used by Xbox games which are currently limited to 320x240 resolution,
as far as I know.

Christian.