Hi Sergey,
really thanks for your help.

hybr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Basically what you need to do is translate rod to (0,0,0), apply rotation
> that u need, and translate back to original position.
> If your math is right and you still haven't expected results i'd say that
> your model has static transforms removed and translated to vertices coords,
> so center of your rod in local coords is not gonna be (0,0,0), and hence you
> will get wrong results with rotations, since your math assume that center of
> your rod in local coords is (0,0,0) to do proper rotation.
> You can try use like model bbox or bounding sphere center in local model
> coords and transform model to that coords instead of (0,0,0) before rotation
> or re-export your model without flatten static transforms optimization.

I checked more times my  math operations on matrix and seem to be right.
I also checked the center of table, and center of each rod and you got reason:
the model has static transforms removed and translated to vertices coords.  I
downloaded this model from Google Sketchup, it was done in Sketchup and then
converted in .3ds.
Now the issue is this: i don't have much experience in 3dsmax, so i tryed to
set manually a pivot for each rod but this doesn't help.
can you tell me how to fix my model as you suggested? Alternatively, can you
post here a link to a useful hot-to ?
I'm really in crisis, I have already lost a lot of time to fix these issues -_-'
Thanks a lot,

Axel