I suggest looking at StandardShadowMap, MinimalShadowMap and the various
LiSPSM variations; based on my experience with osg 2.8.3 they offer the
most robust implementation of shadows.  There is also a debugging mode
that you can enable that renders the depth map which is extremely
useful.  As Wojtek said, dynamic shadows are a pretty advanced topic,
you will need a good theoretical understanding before diving into the
particulars of how osg manages it.

On 1/17/2011 8:42 AM, Linda Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How about learning the way OSG structures the shadow code.  I found it
> difficult understanding how OSG manage shadow.  Could anyone briefly explain
> the shadow codes in OSG or is there any way I could learn more on them?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Cheers,
> Linda

> Read this topic online here: