I think I moved a step forward: I've built freetype lib for both armv6 and
armv7, built OSG 2.9.11 (with warnings, see below), and
osgviewerIPhoneExample without errors but when it starts I get the following
error:

   *Setting up osg::Camera::FRAME_BUFFER*

Program received signal:  “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”.

One thing I've noticed while building osgViewer is the following warning:

   src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowIOS.mm:630: warning: incompatible Objective-C
types assigning 'UIWindow*', expected 'GraphicsWindowIOSWindow*'

The warning is related to a line in the
GraphicsWindowIOS::realizeImplementation() method.
Could this be related to the crash?

Thanks.
Alessandro