Hi Chris,

we are using on our helicopter flight simulator build with osg 2.9.11 the ATI Radeon HD5870 withh ATI Eyefinity 6 with 1 Go of DDR5 under Windows 7. I agree with J-S on the fact that the drivers are much more stable than before in concern of OpenGL. However the ATI Catalyst drivers are still heavy and some upgrades make the application crash due to incomplete or incorrect implementation of OpenGL 3. Many bug-fixes have been made by AMD/ATI but some problems still remain. Let's say that once you have found a stable driver version, you should keep it as long as possible and only upgrade if you need some new functionalities. In our case we took the ATI card for the Eyefinity technology (6 screens on the same card, and the possibility to rule up to 4 cards in a PC). I don't know the quality of ATI drivers under Linux (I don't neither know which platform you want to use...), maybe some other people may be of any help for the Linux side.

Cheers,

Christian