From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Sanat
Talmaki
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 12:10 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] Unable to place model on vpb terrain. How To ?

Hi,

I am trying to place a model on a vpb terrain by supplying the lat-long
coordinates.

I followed a couple of threads in the forum that suggested to use the
CoordinateSystemNode and ellipsoid model. But that didn't work for me
(or maybe I am not following it right).

I have attached the terrain along with my post.

So far this is what I am doing:

Code:
osg::ref_ptr<osg::Group> root = new osg::Group();

  osg::ref_ptr<osg::CoordinateSystemNode> csn = new
osg::CoordinateSystemNode();
  csn->setEllipsoidModel(new osg::EllipsoidModel());
  osg::ref_ptr<osg::Group> terrainGroup = new osg::Group();
  //osg::ref_ptr<osg::Node> terrain =
osgDB::readNodeFile("NorthCampus6Levels.osg");
  osg::ref_ptr<osg::Node> terrain =
osgDB::readNodeFile("NorthCampus6LevelsNoCS.osg");
  terrainGroup->addChild(terrain);

  osg::Vec3d m_surface;

csn->getEllipsoidModel()->convertLatLongHeightToXYZ(osg::DegreesToRadian
s(42.291966f), osg::DegreesToRadians(-83.715645f), 0.0f,

double(m_surface.x()),double(m_surface.y()),double(m_surface.z())
                                                     );

I tried using a visitor to find the CoordSystNode in my scenegraph but
when I checked getEllipsoidModel I got a null.

I have used osgEarth in the past and was able to place a model on that.
But I presently need to use vpb. If anyone can point me in the right
direction, it would be great.

Thank You.

Sincerely,
Sanat