From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Alexander
Dieterle
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 3:59 AM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] Manual perspective distortion?

Dear OSG Forum readers,

as we recently installed a multi-projector-based viewing screen I am currently
working on its calibration. I managed to fix most of the displaying issues so
far; however, one issue remains that I am quite unsure of how to approach it.

Due to the mounting of the projectors in relation to the viewing screen, the
projected image is distorted in a way that the projected image no longer
resembles a rectangele but a trapezium. To give you a better understanding of
the situation, I made a small sketch to visualise the problem (compare
attachment).

The grey area is the projection area, while the blue frame resembles the area
displayed by the projector. As can be seen in the image, whilst the left and
bottom corners are quite well aligned, the upper right corner flees the
projection area.

Since the mounting of the projectors cannot be changed or adjusted further, I
have to solve the problem on software side. I was thinking of somehow manually
creating a perspective distortion matrix, such that I can "move" that corner so
it fits in the projection area. However, I am a bit lost how to do that.

Is there anyone who could point me into the direction of how such a matrix
could be created and what matrix to use at all? Intuitively, I've searched a
bit in the direction of a projetion matrix, but couldn't quite find the right
way to do it yet!

Anyways, thank you very much in advance for reading :)

Best regards,

Alexander