Hi Farshid,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Farshid Lashkari <fla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding serialization, will your changes break loading of older models
> that contained node descriptions? This is a big concern for us because we
> have hundreds of models that contain description strings.

I haven't modified how the UserData and Description strings are
supported so right now all existing files should just work as before.
I am still considering how to add support for the more generic
UserObject list, it might be that for .ive and .osg we'll just leave
support out and just add support into the new serializer formats.
With all these changes backwards compatibility is something we need to
retain, so if something does break then we'll need to work out how to
address this.

So the testing out in the community will be really important even for
those apps that don't use the new functionality.