Hi Robert,

From your previous emails you reported sucsess, but you weren't
specific in which test this was.  So just for cariity what happens
when you do:

   osgconv cow.osg test.osgt
   osgviewer test.osgt

If this works could you compare the cow.osgt in OpenSceneGraph-Data
and the test.osgt.

I've just done the same test on my nightly built OSG. I've done this:

osgviewer cow.osgt

(meaning the cow.osgt that's in OSG-Data) and this comes up blank. Then I did as you suggest:

osgconv cow.osg test.osgt
osgviewer test.osgt

and this works fine. Diffing cow.osgt (from OSG-Data) and test.osgt (from my osgconv) gives a lot of small precision differences in floating point numbers (probably meaningless) and a difference in line endings as Martin said.

If I change cow.osgt (from OSG-Data) to Windows line endings, then it loads correctly in osgviewer. So the question is, why does the line ending style make any difference? Perhaps the osgt plugin tries to read the file's header, fails because of line endings, and then hands off responsibility of loading to another plugin?

I can have a go at debugging this if you have no ideas. Clearly changing all the files in OSG-Data to have Windows line endings is not a solution.

J-S