I think JS is talking about the problem I was having.  Here's a hacky
fix that worked for me.  I probably should have already sent this to
osg-submissions, but maybe you can validate it first or think of
something better.  Try changing this one line in TextBase.cpp:

http://lists.openscenegraph.org/pipermail/osg-users-openscenegraph.org/2011-June/052479.html
--
Terry Welsh
mogumbo 'at' gmail.com