Hi John,

osgViewer itself doesn't haven't any limits on the size of windows
that it can handle, but since it relies upon the underlying windowing
system to create the windows it can't create bigger windows than the
windows system can.  My guess is that the Win32 API or GL driver just
can't handle the size of window you are asking for.

All is not lost though, the osgViewer is designed around support for a
single View containing one master Camera or any number of slave
Cameras, with each Camera you can assign a single Window so it can
scale up as far a your graphics hardware can handle.  The neat thing
about the way View is set up is that your application will only need
to worry about control of the master Camera, and if you assign slave
Camera to the View these will be automatically kept in sync with the
master, this way a View with a single Camera is just the same to
manage as a View with 8 slave Camera and the only difference is in the
initial configuration of the View.

Now you might be a little lost with me talking about View all the
time, while you've been using CompositeViewer and Viewer, but both are
related to View.  The Viewer class is the simplist for of viewer and
inherits from osgViewer::View, so has a single master Camera, and 0 or
more slave Camera.  While the CompositeViewer class contains a list of
osgViewer::View, again each of these View has a single master Camera,
and 0 or more slave Camera.

In your case is you have single conceptual view out on to a single
scene then a osgViewer::Viewer will be sufficient, to handle the extra
large window size you single need to create multiple GraphicsWindow
and assign these to slave Camera that you assign to the View(er).  If
you have multiple conceptul views on to one or more scenes then
CompositeViewer will be appropriate.

The ideal distribution of windows will depend upon the graphics
hardware you are using to drive all the displays, normally the optimal
usage will be one window per graphics card.

Have a look at the osgcamera, osgwindow and osgcompositeviewer
examples to see how to set the classes up.

Robert.