HI Cory,

I haven't heard of this specific problem before so you may well be the first!

The "RenderBin" is effectively the default RenderBin, it's registered
during the static construction of the RenderBinPrototypeList, see the
top of src/osgUtil/RenderBin.cpp.  The way it's written should ensure
that the relevant bins are all registered before they are accessed,
and from the error you see it look like this isn't happening.   I
guess it's possible that multiple threads might call
renderBinPrototypeList() static method in a parallel and have the
static constructed in an implement way in one of the threads.

Could you try running osgviewer single threaded to see if that makes a
difference.

Robert.