Hi,

I have a task that will require placing a model of  launch vehicle in orbit
around the earth and I've been delving into the OSG library code so I don't
have to re-invent functionality that may already exist.  Both the
CoordinateSystemNode and the EllipsoidModel classes are well defined and look
very promising.  But I'm concerned about how some code that computes the local
coordinate frame.

in CoordinateSystemNode::computeLocalCoordinateFrame

Line # 45-61

the variable 'height' doesn't seem to be utilized.  Whatever value was returned
after calling this

Code:

_ellipsoidModel->convertXYZToLatLongHeight(position.x(),position.y(),position.z(),latitude,
 longitude, height);

seems not to factor in the height when trying to compute the local to world
transform from Latitude, Longitude and Height.

Code:

_ellipsoidModel->computeLocalToWorldTransformFromLatLongHeight(latitude,
longitude, 0.0f, localToWorld);

Is this a possible bug or am I missing something important?

Thank you!!

Scott