Yes, which is what I wrote:

"What is the idea behind having a color in ShapeDrawable?"

I cant see any reason why there would be a color associated to a shape?
Create a triangle, and by the way, its red. That was my question.

So if you WOULD like to control the color by disabling light and use
diffuse, it will not work.
It will be white (due to the call in ShapeDrawable).

Anyway, there are ways around this. I just thought it was very inconsistent
to associate a color to a ShapeDrawable.

/Anders