On 12/02/2011 03:18 PM, Farshid Lashkari wrote:
Hi Jason,

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Jason Daly <jd...@ist.ucf.edu <mailto:jd...@ist.ucf.edu>> wrote:

    I don't understand what you mean here.  If you disable lighting,
    material colors are irrelevant.  The ShapeDrawable's colors are
    the ONLY way to set the color.

That's actually not the case with OSG. If you look at the source for osg::Material, you will notice it calls glColor with one of the material colors (depending on the color mode). This means you can use osg::Material to control the color of geometry even when lighting is disabled.

My mistake, I didn't realize that. I guess I've never hit that use case before.

--"J"