Hi Torben and Xenon,

I was studying OSG sources... (as usual way to study OSG)

> BTW: What are your performance requirements?

Main requirement: I need to load base level geometry and base resolution
textures ASAP, f.ex <1s. I will probably inline base-level texture data into
the base-level scene database.

Then, paging of geometry: Seems that high-res geometry need to stay in
separate file, otherwise it would be loaded at start-up, slowing down the
opening process, that has to complete in 1s.

The last goal - to page in and page out textures depending on spatial
proximity. The testing model is 72MB of jpegs and they take approximately
4.5GB when decompressed to memory while using several resolutions for each
texture.

What archtecture would you propose?
I guess, I will need to place high-res textures to external files. And high-res
geometry as well to avoid them being parsed on start-up and prolonging opening
process. (My initial wish was to have everything in one file.)

John