Hi Chris,

On 22 February 2012 14:57, Chris Blizniak <bliznia...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The version of OSG I'm currently using is 3.0.1.
> I tried both source code and binaries, the same problems in both cases.

Could you try svn/trunk.  There have been a few updates to the
serializers/.osgt/.osgb/.osgx support since 3.0.1 so there is chance
the problem is now resolved, although as I can't spot a specific bug
fix for the type of problem your are seeing this is a bit of long
shot.

One thing of note is that I don't recall other Windows users using
3.0.1 reporting problems as you've described so there is chance there
is something specific about your setup.

Trying out svn/trunk is worth trying out either ways as if it does
turn out there is bug lurking a fix to this will be made against
svn/trunk before it gets rolled out to stable releases.

> Apart from the issue with displaying some of the 3D models I have noticed
> that I cannot see any textures I use them in my program. Even the examples
> provided with OSG do not display any textures.

This is likely simply an issue of now having the image plugins that
these models require to handle images in them.

> Is it required to have dependencies like 'libpng' and 'libz' etc. present in
> the system before building OSG?

This are optional dependencies - you don't need them to build the OSG,
but if you have models that use formats such as png you'll need the
associated dependencies.  You can use the published 3rd party
dependencies to get the most commonly used external dependencies.