On 02/22/2012 05:53 PM, Buckley, Bob CTR MDA/DES wrote:
A co-worker sent me this:

http://www.opengl.org/sdk/tools/GLIntercept/
It wraps opengl32.dll so that it can log all calls to OpenGL
Unfortunately, it appears to be Windows only.

Hi, Bob,

I'm not really interested in any other solutions outside of OSG itself.

What I'm considering specifically is adding code to count the actual OpenGL draw calls made by OSG (mainly in PrimitiveSet.cpp) and placing the count into an osg::Stats variable (much like the FPS, update, cull, and draw times, number of groups and geodes in the scene, etc). I'd like to add GL draw calls as a stat that can be queried in code (and conceivably could be put into the StatsHandler display).

I'm just not sure whether or not collecting this count would be too heavy for general use. If it can't be done without a driver layer or some kind of non-standard instrumentation (like gDEBugger), then we'd rather just not do it.

--"J"