Thanks for these clarifications Paul.

Currently my application still crashes even I've put Dynamic datavariance on
every modified node... and this crash appears also in SingleThreaded mode. It
always crashes on the frame() viewer's function which I use in a custom thread
in Qt. My main problem is that when it crashes, it seems impossible to know
which node is the problem because I can't see any thing clearly in my Visual
Studio debugger. The stack is only talking about UpdateTraversal.

So when you say UpdateTraversal is only for convenience, it means you can
update a position or a stateset from anywhere in your code without any crash
even in multi threaded modes ?

Regards