Hi,

Sorry guys, I know you're probably explaining things perfectly clearly and it's
just me. But this is all jargon to me.

Martin Naylor: That link is a guide to building what under "Unices"? OSG, or
applications that use it? I installed using apt; this means I can skip the part
about dependencies right? This link doesn't say what each of these steps is
doing and why one would need it. I'm sure it's obvious you most of you, but my
mind wasn't wired for this kind of stuff. Also, this guide is about make, not
g++.

I ran

Code:
# dpkg -L openscenegraph

and my output was a bunch of stuff in the /usr/bin/ directory, a bunch of stuff
in the /usr/share/man/man1 directory, and some stuff in the
/usr/share/openscenegraph/ directory. Doing

Code:
ls /usr/lib | grep osg

or

Code:
ls /usr/lib64 | grep osg

or

Code:
ls /usr/include/ | grep osg

yields nothing. Again, I installed OSG from using apt-get. Please help. I don't
know exactly what I'm asking for because I don't know exacctly what I need at
this point. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you!

Cheers,
James