Thanks Christian,

To clarify, if I have a scene with lots of objects that are bound per vertex
and just one, relatively simply object that is bound per primitive, will that
one object that is bound per primitive harm the rendering speed of the entire
scene or just of that one object?

I have a physical model that outputs temperature for each facet of the model so
if I want to color the model I can't use bind per vertex and still have a
perfect representation of the physical model.