Hi Clement,

On 16 March 2012 03:13,  <clement....@csiro.au> wrote:
>     When I loaded an image with using osgvolume, it cannot show probably.  I
> found the error listed as
> http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Community/Tasks/OpenGLConformance
>  about "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap doesn't work".  I would like to know whether
> there is a any solution to fix the problem.  My graphic card details is as
> below.  Thanks.

The note on the OpenGLConformance page is for an ATI graphics card,
not Intel GMA graphics.

In general one doesn't use mipmapping with volumes, and osgVolume by
default just uses linear interpolation filters with the Texture3D so
won't be invoking any mipmap generation, either on the CPU side or GPU
side.

I therefore don't think the issue you have is to do with the
GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap. What is the reason why you suggested this?

As I've said before Intel graphics isn't something that is going to
handle volume rendering, it neither has the hardware capability or
driver quality up to the task.  If you want to do volume rendering you
should use an ATI or NVidia graphics card.  Even a $50 card will be
pretty capable, it's certainly far far less work just buy the
appropriate hardware for the task than just and chase up problems with
hardware that will never be capable of doing doing proper volume
rendering.