From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Jordi Torres
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 1:41 AM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Geographic earth in OSG?

Hi Shayne and Akilan,

        I suspect your problem has something to do with your shape drawable
where you're using a sphere in your code.

That is what I was trying to say, If you do your calculations with an ellipsoid
model, but then you try to draw these positions in a ShapeDrawable::Sphere
you'll never see the models in their right place. You have to draw on an
Ellipsoid, not a Sphere. Depending on where you are putting our model (near the
equator or near the poles) the difference could be very large.

Cheers.

--
Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog