I did encounter this, and I did track it down. The quick fix is that you probably have a line in your particle system .osg file that looks like this:

textureTile 1 1 1

To fix the problem, you need to change it to this:

textureTile 0 0 0

Slightly longer explanation:
OSG is interpreting the file slightly differently than it did in 2.8. The textureTile parameter controls changing the texture over the life if the particle, and in OSG 2.8 the particle generator only lists "textureTile 1 1 1" it was interpreted as a single texture for the life of the particle. In osg 3.0 it is interpreted as the *second* tile (tile index 1), the first being tile index 0. Since no tile 0 is actually specified, OSG creates a default tile 0. What is happening is that partway through the life of the particle, it switches from tile 0 to tile 1. Through some mechanism I don't now recall, this causes a transform to be applied to the texture coordinates, which is why the particle texture gets flipped.

Hope this helps,
- Pete