Hello,

As mentioned in thread:
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/pipermail/osg-users-openscenegraph.org/2012-January/055703.html

I too installed 'libopenscenegraph-dev' package on Ubuntu 12.04 and
struggled with compile time linking errors for simple application
'osglogo.cpp' etc.

As Alberto pointed correctly following works perfectly fine:

$ g++ osglogo.cpp -lOpenThreads -losg -losgDB -losgUtil -losgGA -losgText
-losgViewer -o osglogo.exe

OSG headers are installed in /usr/include and libraries are in /usr/lib,
which are known to compiler and linker so no need to explicitly use -I or
-L flags.

Specifically one has to be careful about the order of your application
objects and osg shared libraries, to make linker happy.

--
Vijay Patil