From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:53 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] KdTree issue...

HI Shayne,

The stack trace suggests an allocation issue when building a KdTree
leaf.  Any chance you are running out of memory?

As a general comment I would suggest that you try OSG-3.0.1 rather than
a old 2.9.x developer release as there is chance that bug fixes will
have fixed bugs that are relevant to you.

If moving to OSG-3.0.1 doesn't fix the issue then I would work on
isolate which tile causes the KdTree builder to crash, to do this I'd
write out each tile to a .osg(t) file prior to doing the KdTree build so
if it crashes you have a record of the problem tile and can then test it
stand alone.

Robert.

On 25 August 2012 00:16, Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC
<shayne.tuel...@hill.af.mil> wrote:
> All,
>

> I have a terrain database built with VPB that I'm currently doing
> visibility tests on based on ten different locations on the terrain.
> The tests are using the osgSim::LineOfSight class to determine
> intersection with the terrain between each location. Things appear to
> run fine until I use KdTrees to speed up the intersection testing
(which is quite slow) with the terrain.