On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM, robotspace.biz <robotspace....@gmail.com>wrote:

> for Jan's advice, I checked glxinfo and get errors:
> *glxinfo*
> name of display: :0
> X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
> operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  155 (GLX)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
>   Serial number of failed request:  12
>
> Yes, I come close root cause. But what is it?

That means you have incorrectly configured X11. Either the OpenGL support
(glx) is not loaded at all or you have it incorrectly installed and it
fails to load due to some driver/library problem - the log files in
/var/log/ should be able to tell you exactly what is wrong.

Please, reinstall the drivers using the instructions in my other e-mail and
that should fix it.

Jan