Hello,

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Torben Dannhauer <tor...@dannhauer.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I implemented a distortion frame for for OSG for A 6 channel helicopter
> simulator last year.
> I was absent for several month due to my PhD thesis but it is finished today,
> so I'll plan to dive into it again in the next days/weeks
>
> My further plans are to clean up the code, introduce it into OSG and refactor
> all distortion examples to use the new framework.
>
> This could also be used for the Oculus Rift..
>
> Cheers,
> Torben

That would be good, I am working on the Rift too, but I am a bit
hampered by weird issues with slave cameras (how to set a projection
matrix on a slave camera correctly?? Mine gets always overridden to
some nonsense).

The code on the Oculus website is only a non-working concept that
wasn't tested on a real Rift, according to the author. I have looked
at the code, but there are plenty of mistakes in that and many factors
are not taken into account - e.g. the lens offset relative to the
centre of the projection (thus the distortion needs to be adapted for
each lens).

Regards,

Jan