I'm using the new version, under Linux (although I will eventually be testing
under windows as well, I need it to work on Ubuntu first).

Like I mentioned, I am trying to extend the example to fit into the
QGraphicsView approach. Based on various guides and discussions that I have
found, this involves setting the GLWidget as the viewport of the QGraphicsView.
In theory, this should let me use the OSG View as the background of the widget,
and place QGraphicsItems in a QGraphicsScene that will appear on top of it. I
can get this to work using the osgViewer::Viewer, for a single window, but when
I try the same approach with a CompositeViewer and multiple windows, I get a
variety of errors.