Hi Erik,

On 17 August 2015 at 14:18, Erik Hensens <ehens...@hunter.com> wrote:

> Thanks Robert. That answers my question perfectly - I figured there was a
> simple way to do what I wanted using OSG only but that I just couldn't find
> it. I'm fine with using a different approach to solve this problem. I
> haven't looked too far but perhaps CGAL can provide me with what I need.

I really don't know enough about the specifics of your dataset to know what
you can use.  CGAL might the tool for you task, or it might be that the OSG
tools are sufficient.

Alternatively it may be possible to come up with solutions that are
tailored to the dataset and can produce results of better quality and
faster than general purpose solution. For instance if you had a data set
that has two input variables that specify a surface in 3D then you could
create a regular tessellation in the 2D input space then map the 2D
coordinates to their final 3D coordinates - think of table cloth with a
regular grid that you then scrunch up.