Hi Mike,

The osgparticleeffects demo uses a ShapeDrawable for rendering the terrain,
this keeps the code straight forward but it does mean there isn't an
osg::Geometry for the vertices and tex coords to hang off as all the
geometry data is created on the fly and embedded in a display list.  Please
remember this example is written to demonstrate how to do particle effects,
it's not an example for rendering terrain etc.

Try using a scene graph that actually use osg::Geometry and you shoudl have
better luck.

Robert.