Hi Dave,

Why not use directional light (simulating sunlight). This way scale doesn't matter.
In fact that is (on of) the default light setup(s) OSG uses.

Cheers
Sebastian
Hi,

I'm looking to build a generic scene utility class, with lighting already set
up.

However the scale of the scene is known - it could be meters, or 100's of
meters. Therefore I don't know where to place the lights, and don't want to
hardcode any in.

One suggestion given to me was to place the lights mounted to the camera, so
that they're not really hardcoded into the scene. However I suspect this will
mean there are no longer any lighting cues when looking around the scene.

Surely there is a recommended approach here?

Thank you!