Hi Gianni,
Code:
osg::Geometry* buildGeometry() {
        osg::Geometry* geometry = new osg::Geometry;
        geometry->setVertexArray(buildVertices());
        geometry->setColorArray(buildColors(),
osg::Array::BIND_PER_PRIMITIVE_SET);

        std::vector<osg::DrawElementsUInt*> elements = buildElements();
        for (std::vector<osg::DrawElementsUInt*>::iterator i =
elements.begin(); i != elements.end(); ++i) {
          geometry->addPrimitiveSet(*i);
        }

        return geometry;
}

When I pick a triangle, is there a way from the information stored into a
osgUtil::LineSegmentIntersector::Intersection to get the related primitive set?
I might be wrong, but I think the intersector.primitiveIndex might yield the number you are looking for
Also be sure to handle all intersections returned.

Cheers
Sebastian

Regards,
Gianni