Hi,

Hi Robert! Thank you for your kind reply.

robertosfield wrote:
Is the scene static or is your application adding new scene graph
objects through the lifetime of the application?

The scene is completely static and motionless :)

robertosfield wrote:
It's only new objects that you need to compile to make sure that the
graphics objects are created and ready to download to the GPU

Ok, perfect. I'm pretty sure that the compilation process is already performed
on the entire scene by the system I'm working on.
Do you think that my problem could be caused by a missing compilation of
objects? If you say that it might be the case, I will investigate more on this.
I struggled with some instance data not being sent to the GPU (2 gigabytes worth of data textures) resulting in stutter. I ended up using:
viewer->getDatabasePager()->setDoPreCompile(true);

which solved the problem for me, as I preload the scene anyways. So the stutter is converted to a long pause before the first frame is displayed.

Maybe Robert can explain what is happening when using the pre-compiled option is used. It helped with the textures for sure.

Cheers
Sebastian