This bug is related to how unrefaffterapply is implemented
@Robert
Do you think this feature could be modified to release only Image data and not
the whole Image (make Image and Imagedataproxy)?
This mod could lead to
-generalization BufferObject to TextureObject
-serialization homogenization (release only data and keep filename to load it
if required)

Hope i'm clear...