Hi Dan,

I was soooo hoping that all would be OK and I could take the whole
evening off...  However, It's far better to catch stuff before a
release than after though, so I appreciate your efforts on testing.

I have reproduce the ever expanding bounding box thanks to the you
test program, and a bit of debugging revealed that it's the increase
in _textBB size due to apply margin and the shadow offsets on each
setPosition() call.  The only proper fix I could come up with was to
introduce a _textBBWithMargin so that the margin+shadows don't affect
the main _textBB.  This change required far more lines of code to be
changed than I'd like to do this close to a release, but I feel it's
worth the risk to solve the problem.  Fingers crossed I don't
introduce any regressions with this change.

I have checked in the changes to OSG master the and the
OpenSceneGraph-3.6 branch.

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/commit/6bfca1582efae9606e18883971c95eb734d70058

If this works OK then I'll tag a rc7.

Cheers,