H Dan et. al,

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 at 08:25, Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps another approach would be to just warn the user that the
> Binding hasn't been set prior to the Geometry::set*Array() call, or do
> a belt and braces of treat an BIND_UNDEFINED binding as a
> BIND_PER_VERTEX to force a VertexBufferObject to be assign
> automatically even though it might not be needed.  This might waste a
> byte or two but would probably be safe.

This is the approach I have taken, it fixes the test program when
VAO's are used and the array::setBinding(..) is called after the
Geometry::set*Array() call.

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/commit/4665a2f03368be95f4773463f733dbdd88f63c5f

I think it's the safest and least intrusive way to catch late calls to
setBinding(..).

Could you all test the OpenSceneGraph-3.6 head and if this works fine
we can start thinking about going for 3.6.2.