From: osg-users <osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org> On Behalf Of
Robert Osfield
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:26 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users <osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org>
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [osg-users] World space normal.

Hi Marlin,

It can be done, but I strongly recommend that you don't go transforming vertex
or normal data into world coordinates in the shader.  I know there are some
published algorithms that do this but it's a really bad practice and you
shouldn't follow it as precision issues on only proper dataset will cause
mayhem - the do the cals in world coordinates only for datasets with a local
origin, it's just a mess for any real-word datasets.

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 at 14:17, Rowley, Marlin R